The general outline of the issues we analysed for computing the annual energy yield is:
- The transposition of the radiation components to the tilted plane.
- Using a library to compute the sun position.
- The sun-tracking algorithm used in single-axis trackers (backtracking).
- Computation of the effects of shadows on the irradiance received by a tilted plane.
- Computation of the irradiance perceived by the back-face, used for bifacial simulations.
- Electrical generation of a photovoltaic module being irradiated, and it’s associated losses.
- Estimating the effect of partial shadows on strings of modules.
- Performance of an electrical inverter and window of operation.
- Electrical losses in a utility-scale photovoltaic plant.
Learn more about methodology's authors: Félix Pérez, Juan Romero and Miguel Ángel Torrero.